Lobby and Tea was launched on June 13, 2017, which lead to 6 unforgettable months of pure joy, love and fun in my existence! This would of course not have been possible without the presence of some very important elements and people.
• My small but powerful cameras that have been my eyes these past months. Although I can’t see any 3D, they have been able to transform my reality into eye-catching photos.
• My trendy and shining laptop Georgette II, which has accepted and saved all my thoughts with open-mindedness, and without any judgement or prejudice.
• My notebooks that can only be bought in Belgium and which are a bit like this country I love so much: discreet, efficient and unexpected. You’ll see, once you’ll start writing in them, you’ll never want anything else as they tend to assist marvelously well in the creation of astonishing thoughts.
• My amazing smartphone, which is not only charming and extremely practical, but also the best secretary, archive, and jukebox one can imagine.
• My sneakers, which have surrounded my delicate princess feet for hours and hours and have enabled me to discover breathtaking places.
• The tea I have been drinking in lobbies and which has given me the possibility to relax in comfortable sofas and fascinating surroundings. This also led to the discovery of some of the most glamorous toilets on our planet.
• Dr. Google, for introducing me to the best hotels but also for explaining how to get to and from one palazzo to the next.
• My friends who live a bit everywhere, who spoke about palaces to me which weren’t recommended by Dr. Google but turned out to be the true hidden gems of their cities.
• My brillant friend, who was the first to understand that my writing, photos and love for hotel lobbies would be an interesting mix for a blog.
• My web designer, for listening to my wishes and transforming them into a dream idea. My surprising friend, thank you for introducing me to her and for the original way you arranged the meeting.
• My great friends,who have accompanied me to my dear lobbies and have all fallen in love with my passion. A special thanks to those who took a day off from work and to those who drove me to far away places.
• My strategic and technical-minded friends, who were kind enough to assist me in launching my blog, while sharing their golden tips, dos and don’ts.
• My Shakespeare friends, who always find a way to edit my texts, without touching the essence of the article.
• My creative friends, who designed my business cards, came up with original ideas for my blog and pushed my own inventiveness to new and exciting horizons.
• My 2 Thank you!!! friends, who have been sitting in the front row of my hesitations and questions, but have always found the right answers and advice. Girls, I can’t thank you enough for everything you have done for me.
• My critical friends who rock! I absolutely adore the way you observe life in a totally different way as I do. Your views might sometimes be a bit too overwhelming, scientific and exotic for me, but I like inserting them to my articles as the result leads to innovative treasures.
• My childhood friends, who have contributed in their own way to this adventure.
• My scoop/sneak preview friends, for looking at my pictures and reading my articles before they’re sent out to the entire universe. Your WhatsApp must be exploding by now!
• My blog readers, Facebook and Instagram followers, who are amazingly sweet and share my passion. Bear in mind that you are the reason why I created Lobby and Tea and that I am constantly searching for that magic spot that will draw a mesmerizing smile on your faces.
• The hotels, their staff and Marketing Departments, for their kindness and very supportive reactions and messages on the reviews of their gems. Sharing my pieces and photos mean the world to me!
• Last but not least, my family, who has done most of the above and has been so encouraging! I can’t thank you enough for opening my mind to what is different and unknown, to the importance of culture, love, values and family.
I can’t wait to continue my quest for many sensational and striking lobbies worldwide in your magic company!
All of you, and you know who you are, I love you sooo much! Please don’t change as you make my universe such an enchanting place to live in!